You may be curious to know how SOS alerting works on your ZOLEO device and app - you might even be tempted to test it. Before you do, please follow these instructions to avoid creating a false alarm!
You can rest assured that SOS alerting using the ZOLEO device and app have been comprehensively tested by ZOLEO Inc. and our Emergency Response Partners.
SOS Test Instructions
It is easy to arrange an SOS test with Global Rescue, the private company that monitors SOS alerts initiated from your device and coordinates Search and Rescue missions for all ZOLEO subscriber regions.
To arrange a test, simply email your request to Global Rescue when you’re ready to test the SOS feature.
- Using your ZOLEO app, connect to your ZOLEO device.
- Navigate to the chats tab (Chat icon on the bottom left), and start a new message by selecting the new message button.
- In the "Type a name or number" field, enter email@example.com, then select "Use this contact" below.
- In your email, request that you would like to test the SOS button on your ZOLEO device.
- Global Rescue is available 24/7 and will reply within 5 minutes to authorize your request.
To perform the test, follow the instructions below.
Note: Only proceed with this section once you have received confirmation of your test request from Global Rescue.
- Once authorized to proceed, be sure the ZOLEO device has a clear view of the sky.
- Activate the SOS feature on the device or via the app.
- Once the SOS alert has been sent, Global Rescue will reply to confirm they have received your test SOS activation.
- If the SOS was initiated from the ZOLEO device, an ascending tone and the LEDs will confirm your SOS is in progress (reference page 15 of the Quick Start Guide).
- If your SOS was initiated from the app, you will also receive a confirmation message in the Response Agent chat (to which you can reply).
- Cancel the SOS once the test is complete. To do this, press and hold the SOS button for five (5) seconds (on either the device or app). An ascending tone will confirm the cancellation has been successfully sent and the LEDs will stop.