You may be curious to know how SOS alerting works on your ZOLEO device and app - you might even be tempted to test it. Before you do, please follow these instructions to avoid creating a false alarm!
You can rest assured that SOS alerting using the ZOLEO device and app have been comprehensively tested by ZOLEO Inc. and our Emergency Response Partners. However, if you do want to test SOS alerting, it’s vital that it be pre-arranged.
SOS Test Instructions
It is easy to pre-schedule a test with Global Rescue, the private company that monitors SOS alerts initiated from your device and coordinates Search and Rescue missions for all ZOLEO subscriber regions.
To schedule a test
- Using your ZOLEO app, connect to your ZOLEO device.
- Navigate to the chats tab (Chat icon on bottom left), and start a new message by selecting the new message button.
- In the "Type a name or number" field, enter firstname.lastname@example.org, then select "Use this contact" below.
- In your email you may request a specific time for the test
- Global Rescue is available 24/7 and will reply within 60 minutes to confirm a testing time
To perform a test
Note: Only proceed with this section once you've received confirmation of your test request from the Global Rescue and ensure these steps are followed at the authorized time.
- At the time of the test, be sure the ZOLEO device has a clear view of the sky.
- Activate the SOS on the device or via the app.
- Once the SOS declaration is received, a message will be sent to confirm that they received the test SOS activation. If the SOS was initiated from the ZOLEO device an ascending tone and the LEDs will confirm your SOS (reference page 15 of the Quick Start Guide). If your SOS was initiated from the app, you will also receive a confirmation message in the ZOLEO app (to which you can reply).
- Cancel the SOS once the test is complete. To do this, press and hold the SOS button for five (5) seconds (on either the device or app). An ascending tone will confirm the cancellation has been successfully sent.
Article is closed for comments.