This article reviews how to add or edit assigned contacts to your ZOLEO after you've activated your ZOLEO device. This is managed via your MyZOLEO account on the online portal. Please note contacts cannot be managed in the ZOLEO App.
We review how ZOLEO contacts work in this article, and if you want the steps on how to manage them check out:
- Steps to add or change assigned SOS and Check-in contacts on how to manage your ZOLEO's assigned contacts; or
- Managing ZOLEO Account contacts on how to manage contact information and save additional contacts you can then assign to a ZOLEO.
What are ZOLEO contacts?
ZOLEO contacts are set up on your online portal via www.myzoleo.com. There is no limit to the number of contacts saved on your profile. These contacts can then be assigned to a ZOLEO.
During activation, the following number of contacts (which are the minimum for a ZOLEO) will be assigned:
- Two (2) SOS contacts
- One (1) Check-in contact
Note: You can have as many as five (5) Check-in contacts assigned to a ZOLEO, and they can also be SOS contacts.
What is an SOS contact?
An SOS contact is who the emergency provider contacts during an SOS if they require more information regarding the situation of the ZOLEO user. More information on what happens is found in this article: What happens when I declare an SOS?
A ZOLEO requires to have two SOS contacts. Please note these contacts are contacted at random until the emergency provided reaches one. If the emergency provider is able to reach one of the contacts, they will not reach out to the other.
Who can be an SOS contact?
Usually, these are close contacts who would be aware of your whereabouts, such as family, close friends, or colleagues. We recommend against using a third-party service as an SOS contact.
What is a Check-in contact?
A Check-in contact can receive Check-in messages from your ZOLEO. If you have Location Share+, they will receive your breadcrumb trail on their ZOLEO App.
Who can be a Check-in contact?
Anyone you wish to send updates about where you are (you can turn location off, if you want) and need to say you're all good. The message says "I'm OK, here's my location" with a link to a map URL. You can send these by SMS (text message), Email, both SMS & Email, or via the ZOLEO App.
Steps to add or change assigned SOS and Check-in contacts
These steps review how to add or change the assigned SOS and Check-in contacts on a ZOLEO device.
- Login to www.myzoleo.com
- Go to the Devices & Plans menu. If on mobile, you can find this in the My Account drop-down menu under the account information.
- Under the device name go to Contacts (Contacts is a tab under the device name on the desktop version, if on mobile, go to the three dots ... on the right, then Contacts).
- To add an existing contact already saved on the account, do the following:
- For SOS contact - simply select the contact you wish to change and replace it with the new contact information. Note you must always have two SOS contacts.
- For Check-In, you can either replace the contact you have with the new one, or you can go to the next field that is empty and select the contact you wish to use.
- To add a new contact, you will select "+ADD NEW CONTACT."
- If you're creating a new contact, complete the form and hit Save on the popup.
- For check-in contact, select the Contact Method field to select how you wish the contact to receive Check-Ins.
- To remove a contact, go to the contact's name field and select it. Go to REMOVE in the drop-down.
- Note: if this is your only Check-In contact, you must replace it by selecting a new contact's name in the list or going +ADD NEW CONTACT to create a new one.
- When done, hit the green Save All button at the very bottom
How to ensure a Check-In contact will receive Location Share+
NOTE: Location share+ is sent via the ZOLEO App only, and check-ins will send according to a contact's contact method, which can be SMS, Email, both SMS & Email, or ZOLEO App. The following must apply:
- Contact must be added and assigned to a device as a check-in contact
- The contact information must use the same phone number they are using for the ZOLEO App
Managing MyZOLEO account contacts
You can always manage your MyZOLEO contacts saved to your account to update their email, phone number, and preferred language settings whether they are or are not assigned to a device. If they are assigned, any changes made will update their information according.
These steps describe where to go to manage your contacts.
- Log in at www.myzoleo.com
- Go to SOS and Check-in Contacts menu. If on mobile, you can find this in the My Account drop-down menu under the account information.
- Here you will see all saved contacts listed, and you can use the "Add contact" function to add a new contact on your account as well
- NOTE: you will need to assign contacts to a device using the steps in the section above if you wish to use them as a SOS or Check-in contact on a ZOLEO.
- You can make changes to any single contact already saved on your account as well by changing the information and hitting Save on their contact card.
- If this contact is associated to a ZOLEO, it will automatically update their information to be used there as well.