This article reviews the ZOLEO Track feature, which is available to all ZOLEO subscribers to assist with monitoring the last reported location of active devices on a map.
- What is ZOLEO Track?
- How does ZOLEO Track work?
- How do I start using ZOLEO Track?
- How do I generate location reports?
- How do I use the ZOLEO Track web app?
- Who can use ZOLEO Track?
- How do I share my ZOLEO Track map?
- Improve your ZOLEO Track experience with Location Share+
ZOLEO Track is a web app that works as a simple and effective solution to monitor the whereabouts of ZOLEO device users.
With ZOLEO Track, account owners gain the ability to monitor all of their ZOLEO device users while they are on or off-grid on a single map. Account owners can easily track their devices through identifiable points on a map. These track points are generated when a ZOLEO user sends a Check-in message, enables a Location Share+ session, or triggers an SOS alert.
ZOLEO Track provides ZOLEO users with increased safety and location awareness by providing a centralized view of all devices for account owners.
With ZOLEO Track, as an account owner, you can:
- View the last reported location of all selected devices on your MyZOLEO account.
- Review date and time stamps for all location reports and export location data for offline analysis.
- Assign unique names to different devices.
- Filter the map and search devices by IMEI or assigned name.
- Generate and export location reports for one or more device users in a variety of formats.
Account owners can effortlessly track the most recent reported location of their ZOLEO device(s), with access to up to the last 100 track points per device.
Each of your devices will be represented by a point on the map, indicating its last reported location. The track point provides key details, including the device's assigned name or IMEI, and location coordinates, along with the date and time stamp of the most recent reported location.
Location can be updated in real-time through the use of Check-ins, SOS, and the add-on feature Location Share+ (click here to open article about Location Share+).
How do I start using ZOLEO Track?
ZOLEO Track can be easily accessed for free from your MyZOLEO online account.
- Login to your MyZOLEO online account at myzoleo.com (this link opens in a new tab)
- Select the ZOLEO Track tab on the left of the page.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions to share the location.
- Select which devices you wish to enable for location-sharing.
- Select Go to ZOLEO Track to begin viewing device location reports.
Note: Only devices on the same account will be displayed in ZOLEO Track.
Once enabled, you can access ZOLEO Track at any time from your MyZOLEO account by logging in and navigating to the ZOLEO Track tab on the left navigation menu.
ZOLEO Track remains active for a period of 90 days. If ZOLEO Track is not accessed and remains inactive for 90 days, it will be automatically closed. Nevertheless, you can enable access again at any time by following the steps above.
Note: Only the last 90 days of location history will be made available when your ZOLEO Track account has been enabled again.
Location reports (or track points) can be generated in three different ways.
- Manually sending Check-In messages
- Starting a Location Share+ session to automatically send location updates
When an SOS alert is activated
Manually sending Check-In messages
Unlimited check-in messages are included with every ZOLEO monthly plan. When a user sends a Check-In message, they are also reporting their current location, which appears ZOLEO Track as a track point.
To learn more about sending Check-In messages, click here.
Location reports sent using Check-In messages will be displayed on the map using the color green.
Starting a Location Share+ session to automatically send location updates.
Location Share+ (LS+) is an add-on feature that sends automatic updates at a select interval with your location showing up as a breadcrumb trail on a map. The interval can be every 6 minutes to 4 hours.
When a Location Share+ session is started, location updates are automatically sent and appear in ZOLEO Track and can be viewed on the map.
Location reports sent using Location Share+ will be displayed on the map in the color blue.
When an SOS alert is activated
Your ZOLEO monthly plans include access to SOS with 24/7 monitoring from our emergency response provider. During an active SOS session, the ZOLEO device will attempt to report your location every 6 minutes.
These will also be seen in ZOLEO Track, and you will be able to view both active and canceled SOS alerts.
Location reports sent using SOS alerts will be displayed on the map in the color red.
Note: Please make sure you are only activating an SOS alert in the case of a real emergency.
From your MyZOLEO account (this link will open MyZOLEO in a new tab), select ZOLEO Track from the left navigation menu, followed by Go to ZOLEO Track.
This goes to the Map view where you view the recently reported locations for your device(s). In ZOLEO Track, use the left navigation menu to access the following:
Viewing Location Reports
- This shows your account ZOLEO devices on the map, providing you with the latest reported location for any ZOLEOs with ZOLEO Track enabled.
- Devices are represented by the ZOLEO logo on the map and display a circle that is colored blue, green, or red.
- The circle color corresponds to the type of track point: Location Share+ points are blue, Check-Ins are green, and SOS are red.
Searching Device List
- You can search for ZOLEOs by device nicknames or by IMEI number. Type the name or IMEI and the device list will filter for your search.
Filtering the Device List
- You can view your ZOLEO(s) by status.
- Next to the search bar, are four distinct circles. These are based on the status of the ZOLEO.
- Blue circle for active Location Share+ sessions
- Green circle for Check-Ins
- Red circle for active SOS alerts
- Grey circle for idle devices which do not have Location Share+ enabled, have recently canceled an SOS, or have never reported into ZOLEO Track.
- Click the desired status to filter the device list to show only those ZOLEOs.
Select your preferred map layer from a range of options, including Mapbox Street, Mapbox Terrain, Mapbox Satellite, and Open Street Map. This allows you to tailor your viewing experience to your specific needs and preferences.
Note: Mapbox Terrain is the same map layer used by the ZOLEO app and displays topographic information.
Use the Device Info tab to view device information and manage your devices.
The Info tab provides you with information about your device including device make, model, and IMEI.
The Manage tab provides you with the ability to personalize your device name. In the New Device Name field, simply enter the desired device name and select Edit Asset Name to save your changes. Devices will appear on the map view and device list using the assigned name.
From this tab, you will have access to two different views: Single Device and Multi Device.
Single Device view
Use this view to view track point history details for any selected device. Select the device from the drop-down menu followed by selecting the desired date and the history will be displayed. History will be displayed on the left summary panel for Location Share+ sessions (Blue), Check-Ins (Green), and SOS alerts (Red). Select any from the list to view the track point history on the map.
Multi Device view
Use this view to view track point history details for multiple devices. Select the desired devices from the list followed by selecting the desired date then Show History.
The Share Map page provides the ability to share a map with others using a secure link. You can set which device(s) you wish to share, set the number of track points to show in the breadcrumb trail for each device, define an expiry date and time, enable password protection and send a notification to the individual(s) you wish to share the map link with.
To create a new map link:
- Select Share Map from the navigation menu, then New Shared Map.
- Select the devices you wish to share from the Assets list.
- Set the desired expiry date for the map share link (required).
- Enter the recipient’s email address you wish to share the map link with (optional).
- Enter a password (optional).
- Set the number of points to show on a breadcrumb trail (maximum 100 points).
- If the number of points is not set or is left at 0, only the most recently reported location will be displayed on the map.
- If the number is set to 1 or greater, the chosen number of points will be displayed when viewing the breadcrumb trail, if available.
- When finished, select Create Map Link
- To view the map link that was created, select Show URL from the Active Link Sharing section.
Note: The shared map will only show location reports from the date of creation. Based on the set number of points to show on the breadcrumb trail, the oldest points will be automatically discarded when new points are received.
The Share Map page also allows you to manage previously shared map links by resending notifications, updating the expiry date, forcing expiration, or deleting the shared map. Expired links and an audit trail are also available for review.
Viewing the Share Map Breadcrumb Trail
- Open the shared map link.
- The most recently reported location will be shown for all devices by default.
- Selecting the location point reveals the status and location information of this point and provides the option to show and hide the breadcrumb trail.
- Selecting Show/Hide Trail will expand and collapse the breadcrumb trail.
- Selecting any point in the trail will reveal the status and location information of that specific location report.
- The map will automatically refresh to display new location reports for all devices.
Note: Refreshing the map manually will automatically collapse all expanded breadcrumb trails.
Use the Reports tab to view and export location history reports for one or multiple devices on your account. Simply, select Event Report followed by the devices, time period, and event types you wish to see, then select Generate Report. You can then view the report, filter it by date, and download it in many different formats such as Adobe PDF, CSV, Excel Worksheet, PowerPoint Presentation, Rich Text File, TIFF file, and Word Document.
You can find this tab at the bottom left of your screen by clicking on your name or email address.
From this tab, you will be able to access information such as username, email address linked to your account, lost login information, timezone, and user preferences.
From user preferences, you will be able to change how the information is displayed in ZOLEO Track. You will be able to change the units of measurement used to display:
- Time Zone
Note: Every time you change any of your preferences, please make sure to click on Save next to each box to confirm the changes and apply them on your ZOLEO Track platform.
Everyone can use ZOLEO Track! Whether you have multiple devices registered to your account and desire to have the ability to track their locations, or you have a single device and wish to grant access to your location to more individuals beyond your five Location Share+ contacts via the web, ZOLEO Track is the ideal solution to provide you with the real-time location of your device(s).
How do I share my ZOLEO Track map?
Navigate to ZOLEO Track from your MyZOLEO account, select Share Map, followed by New Shared Map. You will be able to create a shareable URL where you can then select the devices you wish to share, set an expiration date, and send a notification to the individual(s) that you wish to share the map link with. There is no limit to the number of people you can share your device location updates with.
Improve your ZOLEO Track experience with Location Share+
Location Share+ is a safety tool that enhances location awareness by providing select contacts with automatic location updates and breadcrumb history, viewable on a map within the ZOLEO App. This feature offers peace of mind to those who use it as well as the people who are at home or work.
Location Share+ and ZOLEO Track work seamlessly together. With Location Share+, you can enhance your ZOLEO Track experience by automatically generating location reports for greater convenience and ease of use.
ZOLEO Track can receive location updates from Check-In messages, SOS alerts, and Location Share+ updates. However, when used with Location Share+, you can take advantage of automatic updates, eliminating the need to manually send location updates via Check-In messages.
Learn more about Location Share+ here.