The instructions below will assist you with linking your ZOLEO device to the ZOLEO app. Once completed, the device will be used to transmit messages when the ZOLEO app is not connected to cellular or Wi-Fi. The dedicated ZOLEO email address and ZOLEO SMS number will also become available for use - this is known as Follow-Me SMS and Email messaging. Messages sent to the ZOLEO email address and SMS number will now follow and be delivered to the ZOLEO app even if your ZOLEO device is powered off.
Note: Bluetooth connectivity for your ZOLEO device is exclusively managed from within the ZOLEO app. If you plan on sharing your ZOLEO device, be sure to navigate to Settings and select Disconnect From ZOLEO Device in the ZOLEO app before handing off your ZOLEO and having the next user proceed with the instructions below.
1. Open the ZOLEO app.
2. Power on your ZOLEO device and ensure you have network connectivity to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
If you do not have access to Wi-Fi or cellular networks, you can also link your ZOLEO device to the ZOLEO app over satellite. Ensure you have a line of sight to the sky. For best success take the device to a clear outdoor area.
3. In the bottom menu, tap on the ZOLEO icon (in the center).
4. Tap on your ZOLEO IMEI from the list of available devices. This number can be found on the bottom of your device and begins with 300.
5. The ZOLEO app will now begin to connect to your device and send a message to the ZOLEO server to enable Follow-Me SMS & Email messaging. This is so messages sent to your ZOLEO email address and ZOLEO SMS number are always delivered to your app.
If performing this process over satellite, wait a couple of minutes for the process to complete.
Note: We have identified an issue where ZOLEO devices with older versions of firmware may not connect to the Android App.
If you are unable to connect please use the following steps to update your firmware:
6. Once successfully connected and Follow-Me SMS & Email messaging has been enabled, a confirmation prompt will appear and you will now see the other app menu icons appear such as SOS and Weather.