ZOLEO supports various delivery methods for sending and receiving messages. You can communicate with your contacts using ZOLEO App-to-App messages, SMS messages or email messages. This article reviews best practices for email messaging.
You can click on each topic here to be brought to the section you wish to review:
- How does ZOLEO Email work?
- Best practices for ZOLEO Email
- Email Forwarding
- Forwarding to ZOLEO using Gmail
- Can ZOLEO email be used on a third party application?
How does ZOLEO Email work?
Email messaging with your dedicated ZOLEO email address is different from using traditional email services such as Outlook365, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and others.
The ZOLEO email messaging is for the purpose of sending and receiving messages of up to 200 characters. It’s important to understand the capabilities (and limitations) of using ZOLEO email to ensure that you are getting the most out of your email messaging experience.
You can view more about how messaging works on this article, as it shows how to send a message (including email messaging): How do I send a Message with ZOLEO?
Best practices for ZOLEO Email
Here are some best practices to ensure you get the most out of your ZOLEO Email:
- Use ZOLEO email for 1-on-1 messaging with your contacts.
- When sending email messages to recipients, keep the length of your messages within the available characters limit.
- Let your email recipients know to keep messages short (200 characters) to avoid emails from being shortened.
- Inform the sender to remove their signature and any historical messages from the email thread when responding to your ZOLEO email messages.
- ZOLEO email messages should only include basic text and emojis, similar to sending a standard text message.
- Let your email recipients know not to include any attachments or HTML content in messages sent to your ZOLEO email address – attachments & HTML are not supported.
- If you use “Automatic Replies” on your personal or corporate email account while away, add a line saying “While I’m away, you can reach me on my ZOLEO at firstname.lastname@example.org”
Please note: Forwarding emails to your dedicated ZOLEO email address is not recommended. Forwarded emails include any header information such as the To, From, Subject, and Date/Time fields, which can use a lot of characters and may lead to messages being shortened. It will also include unwanted Junk Mail, Spam, or Promotional messages which is not a good use of your service plan’s message allotment.
If forwarding is a must, we recommend you create Filters or Rules to forward from specific contacts or with specific subject lines to avoid unnecessary emails from being forwarded.
Please refer to your email provider's support information on how to set up filters and rules. Note that some email services require validation in order to enable forwarding, and this might not be possible using the ZOLEO app given the character limits.
Forwarding to ZOLEO using Gmail
Forwarding from gmail.com to zoleo.com email addresses has stopped working as a result of a change implemented by Google. If forwarding is required, it is recommended to use an alternate email address.