ZOLEO supports various delivery methods for sending and receiving text messages. You can communicate with your contacts using ZOLEO by sending or receiving App-to-App messages, SMS messages or email messages. Email messaging with your dedicated ZOLEO email address is different from using traditional email services such as Outlook365, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and others. The ZOLEO email messaging service was designed specifically for the purpose of sending and receiving text-based messages of 200-240 characters in length. It’s very important to understand the capabilities (and limitations) of using ZOLEO email to ensure that you are getting the most out of your email messaging experience.
To ensure that you’re getting the most out of your ZOLEO email messaging experience, we’ve put together the following best practices for you:
- Use ZOLEO email for 1-on-1 messaging with your contacts.
- When sending email messages to recipients, keep the length of your messages within the available characters limit.
- Let your email recipients know to keep messages short (200-220 characters) to avoid emails from being shortened/truncated.
- Inform the sender to remove any historical messages from the email thread when responding to your ZOLEO email messages.
- ZOLEO email messages should only include basic text and emojis, similar to sending a standard text message.
- Let your email recipients know not to include any attachments or HTML content in messages sent to your ZOLEO email address – attachments & HTML are not supported.
- If you use “Automatic Replies” on your personal or corporate email account while away, add a line saying “While I’m away, you can reach me on my ZOLEO at email@example.com”
Please note: Forwarding an email account to your dedicated ZOLEO email address is discouraged and not recommended for use with the ZOLEO email messaging service. When forwarding a personal or corporate email account to your ZOLEO, this will also include any header information such as the To, From, Subject, and Date/Time fields, consuming a good portion of the available characters and therefore not providing much of any usable email message content. It will also include unwanted Junk Mail, Spam, or Promotional messages which is not a good use of your service plan’s message allotment.