Can I charge the ZOLEO device using a solar charger?
You sure can! There are several factors to consider when using a solar panel charger to charge your ZOLEO device.
- Size of the panel - The solar panel should produce at least 6 Watts through the USB charging port.
- Sun reaching the panel - This is difficult to measure but the more sun the better.
- How much battery is left in the ZOLEO - The lower the battery level, the more power needed from the solar panel and the longer it will take to charge. At a higher battery level, less power will be needed.
How do I know the ZOLEO is properly charging with a solar panel?
Pay attention to the ZOLEO's Power LED based on if the ZOLEO is powered on or off:
- When the ZOLEO is off and charging, the Power LED will be a solid amber colour. The light will be a solid green when it's fully charged.
- When the ZOLEO is on and charging, the Power LED will blink amber. The light will be a blinking green light when it's fully charged.
You can also link to the ZOLEO App and see the battery percentage via the ZOLEO App's status bar