Can I charge the ZOLEO device using a solar charger?
You sure can! There are several factors to consider when using a solar panel charger to charge your ZOLEO device.
- Size of the panel - The solar panel should produce at least 6 Watts through the USB charging port.
- Sun reaching the panel - This is difficult to measure but the more sun the better.
- How much battery is left in the ZOLEO - The lower the battery level, the more power needed from the solar panel and the longer it will take to charge. At a higher battery level, less power will be needed.
How do I know the ZOLEO is properly charging with a solar panel?
Pay attention to the ZOLEO's Power LED based on if the ZOLEO is powered on or off:
- When the ZOLEO is off and charging, the Power LED will be a solid amber colour. The light will be a solid green when it's fully charged.
- When the ZOLEO is on and charging, the Power LED will blink amber. The light will be a blinking green light when it's fully charged.
You can also link to the ZOLEO App and see the battery percentage via the ZOLEO App's status bar.
Please sign in to leave a comment.