Planning ahead can provide you with peace of mind and allow you to get ahead of any unforeseen circumstances. Your ZOLEO device is your communication lifeline beyond terrestrial coverage so it’s important to always check your ZOLEO app and device well ahead of an upcoming trip.
One week before travel:
1. Ensure the ZOLEO app is up to date. Most smartphones are set to update apps automatically, but we strongly suggest checking the Apple App store or Google Play store for any outstanding updates.
2. Fully charge your ZOLEO device and turn it on.
3. Open the ZOLEO App and ensure the app is connected to your device. You can tell by quickly referencing the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. If you see three tabs (Chats, ZOLEO, and Settings) you might need to tap on the ZOLEO tab and select your IMEI from the list to complete the connection. If you see four tabs (Chats, Weather, SOS and Settings) and the ZOLEO status bar, your app and device are connected.
4. Verify your ZOLEO device has the latest software version installed. ZOLEO software updates are always packaged with the ZOLEO App and one could be available after you’ve received an app update. If a software update is available, the ZOLEO app will automatically prompt you to complete the update, simply follow the instructions on the screen. You can also manually check for a software update by navigating to Settings, selecting My Connected ZOLEO Device, followed by About My Device, then Device Software Update.
Note: ZOLEO device software updates are completed using Bluetooth and do not require cellular data or Wi-Fi connectivity.
5. Once you’ve confirmed everything is up to date and your device is fully charged, turn off your ZOLEO device in preparation for your trip.
One to two days before travel:
1. Login to your online account to check if your ZOLEO device is on an active monthly service plan. You can login by navigating to https://www.zoleo.com/ then select My Account (use the User icon located on the top right). If your ZOLEO device was previously deactivated, you can re-activate it by clicking on "Add a new device" (How do I reactivate my monthly service plan?)
2. Once you’ve confirmed your ZOLEO service is active, send a test message or Check-In and confirm the message is received by the recipient.
If you require assistance or encounter any issues, contact our technical support department by visiting our 24/7 Support page or chat with us during regular business hours.