Storing your ZOLEO device correctly can prolong the life of the battery and also make the battery last longer in between charges when in use. Battery performance is critical, especially when relying on your device for communication in remote areas. It’s important to take the following best practices into consideration when storing your ZOLEO device for the offseason.
Preparing for storage:
1. Fully charge your ZOLEO device. While charging is in progress, the Power LED is lit amber and will change to green when fully charged. If the ZOLEO device is on, the LED will flash at regular intervals.
2. Find a suitable location for storing your ZOLEO device that is moisture free and out of direct sunlight. It is recommended to store your device at room temperature.
3. Once your ZOLEO device has fully charged, remove it from the charger, ensure your device is off and place it in the desired location.
While in storage during offseason:
Charging your device in the offseason is equally as important and will assist in maintaining the overall health of your battery.
1. Charge your ZOLEO device every 6 months or as needed.
2. When finished, ensure your device is off and return it to storage.
- Never store your ZOLEO device when the battery is fully discharged or plugged in to a charger – see the steps above for Preparing for Storage.
- Always avoid storage in high heat or extremely cold environments.