This article reviews what to do if you've misplaced your ZOLEO device. This will review the following, and you can click on either of these topics to go down to the section you need.
- How to ping a ZOLEO while connected with the ZOLEO App
- What to do if a ZOLEO is lost or stolen
How to ping a ZOLEO while connected with the ZOLEO App
This section reviews how to ping a ZOLEO that is powered on and connected to your ZOLEO app. Note that if the ZOLEO is not linked or powered on, you will be unable to ping it.
Steps to ping a linked ZOLEO device:
- Open the ZOLEO App that is connected with the ZOLEO device
- Go to Settings (gear icon on bottom right)
- Select "My Connected ZOLEO Device"
- Select "Find My Device"
- The following will happen:
- A circular icon will show up next to "Find My Device" on the app
- The ZOLEO will ring and flash pink LED lights for 10 seconds, and this will end automatically. You can repeat this as needed once the circular icon ends on the app next to "Find My Device"
What to do if a ZOLEO is lost or stolen
This section reviews what to do if your ZOLEO is lost or stolen, and you are unable to ping it as per the previous section. This section reviews the following:
- How to request last location of a ZOLEO device
- Purchasing a replacement ZOLEO
- Blocking a lost or stolen ZOLEO
We recommend reaching out to ZOLEO Support before deactivating a lost or stolen ZOLEO. We understand you may want to avoid someone using it, but deactivating a ZOLEO means we can no longer provide you the last location, and if you want to get a replacement, you will lose your ZOLEO SMS and contact setup.
Please go to our contact us page (click here to open this in a new tab) to reach out to our team.
How to request the last location of a ZOLEO device
A ZOLEO support team member can provide the last location of a ZOLEO device. This only works for ZOLEO on a plan (either Basic, In Touch, Unlimited or Suspended), and we can provide the last location and the time of the location for these functions:
- Weather requests
- Check-in locations
- Location Share+ locations
- Pin for a location sent in a message
- SOS locations
To request any of these locations, please reach out. You can do so on our contact us page (click here to open this in a new tab).
What to do when purchasing a replacement ZOLEO
You can replace a lost or stolen ZOLEO, by purchasing a new ZOLEO at a participating retailer then contacting ZOLEO Support to swap it for your old device.
If your lost/stolen ZOLEO is active (i.e. it is on Basic, In Touch, Unlimited or Suspended Plan), contact ZOLEO Support to swap the old ZOLEO for the new one.
This keeps your current ZOLEO SMS, Email, assigned contacts and plan at no extra cost.
Make the request on our contact us page (click here to open this in a new tab).
If your old ZOLEO is deactivated, activate the new ZOLEO by going to this link: www.zoleo.com/activate
How to buy a replacement:
- View retail locations where you can buy ZOLEO by going to the following link : Where to buy page (this will open in a new tab)
- For EU & UK customers only, purchase a ZOLEO to be shipped to your home by going to this link and selecting "Add To Cart": ZOLEO product page (this will open in a new tab)
Blocking a lost or stolen ZOLEO
Your lost or stolen ZOLEO can be blocked to prevent anyone else from being able to use it. To do so, the following must apply:
- The old device is deactivated, either because you deactivated as you no longer wish to use ZOLEO or get a replacement, or a member of our Support team swapped your ZOLEO with a replacement device you purchased.
- We must confirm your ZOLEO Account so be prepared to provide your account information.
To request this go to our contact us page (click here to open this in a new tab).