The first part of troubleshooting a message issue is to verify the correct procedures are being used to send the message. Our article located here covers the basics of sending a message.
If a message fails to send, the following will occur:
- The ZOLEO app will show a red exclamation mark.
- If the message was sent via the ZOLEO device, the Message LED will flash amber. The device will also emit a descending tone.
- To resend a message, tap and hold the message, then tap the Resend button.
The information below includes some common issues seen when sending messages. If they do not resolve your problem please contact our support team and we will be happy to help. When contacting ZOLEO support with message issues it is helpful to note the originating phone number or email address, receiver phone number or email address, and the date of the issue; including the time and time zone.
Troubleshooting SMS (Text) Messages
- Verify that the number is correct and includes the + and country code
- Try having the recipient send you a text message and then you try replying to that message
- Make sure you have a network connection on both ends, a cellular or satellite signal may be needed to complete a text message
Troubleshooting App to App Messages
- Verify you are sending the message to the phone number that the recipient used when registering their app account.
- Try having the recipient send you a message and replying back to it
Troubleshooting E-Mail Messages
- Try sending a very brief email to your ZOLEO account, such as "Test Email"
- Try deleting or turning off signatures which may cause unwanted truncating due to the character count