App versions (Release Date: April 7th, 2022)
iOS: v3.1.3 (130)
Contains Firmware: 3.1-0
For information on completing an update please view: How do I update the software on my ZOLEO device? (Firmware Update). **We recommend doing this from home or before heading out on a trip where you can download the app and complete the device software upgrade before you need to use the device or app.**
Note: This release contains a new version of firmware for the ZOLEO device. The firmware upgrade is not mandatory. All features and functions including SOS will continue to be operational, and users can upgrade at a later time. It is recommended to be completed as soon as possible. An active data connect IS NOT required for the update to install/complete, although it is required in order to download the new app version from the app store on your mobile device (most mobile devices do this automatically).
Once a firmware installation is in progress, app functionality will not be operational until the installation is complete.
Changes in this version:
- Enhanced SOS interface with progressive updates
- Instructional SOS tutorial
- New supported languages include French (France), Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Italian, German
- Weather forecast support for Assisted-GPS (A-GPS) smartphones and tablets (enhanced location fix on certain devices)
- General bug fixes and improvements
SOS Enhancements and Tutorial
ZOLEO continues to enhance its best-in-class emergency response experience in order to further reduce stress during an SOS incident, provide better visibility into the status of the response as the incident unfolds, provide more information to users and make cancellation easier in the event of a false alarm.
- Upon the declaration by pressing the SOS button, a timer is shown indicating the amount of time left before the SOS is triggered and sent to the emergency response provider; once the timer reaches 0, a status screen is displayed to assist with device positioning and response expectation.
- The SOS screen provides status and will indicate when the location of the ZOLEO device has been captured, the next time that the location will be checked, the time the SOS alert was sent, and indicate the status of connecting with the emergency response center.
- Upon connecting with the emergency response provider, a Chat Now button appears, from which the user may start to chat with the emergency response center and also see other changes to status as they occur.
- An SOS status banner is also presented at the top of the screen once the alert has been sent and the SOS is active. The banner conveys the status of the SOS and will be visible the entire time while SOS is active and will persist throughout the app. The Banner can be tapped from anywhere in the app and provides options to ‘Cancel SOS’ or ‘Chat with a response agent’
- The chat thread used to communicate with emergency response, aka the ‘Response Agent’ chat, has been enhanced to include clear and concise status updates which are displayed in line with communications between the app user and the SOS response agent.
- Users can tap status updates containing location and their location will be displayed on an in-app map. Location coordinates can also be copied by long-pressing and selecting Copy.
- Tapping the menu option that appears in the top right of the chat thread provides options to show/hide status updates and cancel SOS.
- Instructional Tutorial covering all aspects of the SOS from declaring an SOS, canceling and communication with the response center.
The app has been enhanced to support 7 additional new languages. As it does today, the app will detect the language used based on the smartphone's regional language setting and if it is one of the supported languages. If an unsupported language is being used, the app will default to the English language.
The supported languages are as follows:
- English (US)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
Weather forecast support for Assisted-GPS (A-GPS)
The ZOLEO app will now support location service for Assisted-GPS in smartphones and tablets that do not have a dedicated GPS receiver. Assisted-GPS will use cellular and Wi-Fi signals to determine a phone or tablet's location.
Please sign in to leave a comment.