Note: This article pertains to ZOLEO's Emergency Response Partner for North American regions (USA, Canada), GEOS, only.
If you've gone directly to IERCC's website and saw information on how to register a device with GEOS, here's what you need to know. If you are looking for Search and Rescue insurance coverage we cover how to get this from GEOS below.
Who is GEOS?
GEOS is the provider for emergency responses worldwide, which is owned by Garmin and managed with the IERCC. When you start an SOS initiation, GEOS handles the SOS request.
ZOLEO devices are already registered with GEOS - you do not need to register it yourself!
- Your ZOLEO is registered before you activate your device. Your IMEI has already been provided to GEOS/IERCC.
- You can refer to the IERCC's website for more information about them.
- If you are seeking coverage for Search and Rescue operations you will need to go to Garmin's website to purchase insurance packages. Click here to do so.
- Please note doing this will require you to create an account with Garmin, but this is only to purchase the insurance and receive the receipt and information. You will not need to have services with a Garmin product to do so as your ZOLEO is already registered.
- See here for IERCC's supported devices list (which includes ZOLEO)