You sure can! There are several factors to consider when using a solar panel charger to charge your ZOLEO device.
- First is the size of the solar panel. The solar panel should at least be capable of producing a minimum of 6 Watts through the USB charging port.
- Second is the amount of sun that reaches the solar panels. This is difficult to measure but the more sun the better.
- Third is how much battery life is remaining on your ZOLEO device. The lower the battery level, the more power it needs to draw from the solar panel and the longer it will take to charge your device, whereas with a higher battery level, less power will be needed and your device will be quicker to charge.
All of the above can contribute to the ZOLEO device's charging behavior when used with a solar panel charging unit.
How to determine if your ZOLEO device is properly charging when connected to a solar panel charger?
- In the Off state, the Power LED will be lit solid Amber. This means the ZOLEO device is charging. When fully charged, the Power LED will change to solid Green.
- In the On state, the Power LED will blink Amber. This means the ZOLEO device is charging. When fully charged, the Power LED will begin to blink Green.