Location Share+ allows you to share automatic location updates with up to five (5) check-in contacts on a selectable interval from every 6 minutes to 4 hours. You and your check-in contacts will be able to use the free ZOLEO app to view the most recently reported location and breadcrumb trail on a map (provided by Mapbox Outdoors). It is important to note that your check-in recipients must have the ZOLEO app installed to view your automatic location updates.
Follow the instructions below to configure your Check-In contacts to receive Location Share+ updates.
- Login at https://www.zoleo.com/ then select My Account (use the User icon located on the top right).
- Select the Devices & Plans tab.
- Your ZOLEO device(s) will appear. Expand the desired device using the drop-down next to the device name.
- Select the Contacts tab and scroll down to the Check-In and Location Share+ Contacts section.
- Set your Check-In contacts using the drop-downs and press the Save All button (at the bottom)
- Below each of the contacts selected, a message will be displayed indicating whether or not that contact will receive Location Share+ updates.
Contacts that show This contact will receive Location Share+ updates already have the ZOLEO app installed and are ready to receive automatic location updates.
Contacts that show This contact will not receive Location Share+ updates do not have the ZOLEO app installed and will be required to download it if you would like them to receive your automatic location updates. Pressing the Send app download link will automatically send that contact a link to download the free ZOLEO app and your online account will update shortly after they have installed the app.
Note: At this time, standard check-in messages will still be sent using SMS and/or Email delivery methods. Our next release will include an update that will allow you to also send check-ins to your contacts via the ZOLEO app.