How-to send an SOS alert:
1. Lift the SOS button cover, press and hold the SOS button for 3 seconds.
- Note that pressing the SOS button while your device is off, will immediately turn on your device and start the SOS send process.
- Alternatively, you can declare an SOS via the connected ZOLEO App by tapping the SOS icon.
2. There is a 10-second delay which gives you time to cancel the SOS if it was accidentally activated. While the countdown is running, each LED emits a red flash in turn and an emergency tone is emitted.
3. An ascending tone is emitted to indicate that the alert has been sent.
4. When the satellite network receives the alert, the SOS LED emits a double red flash and continues to do so at regular intervals.
5. Until you cancel the SOS, a new SOS alert containing your position is sent every six (6) minutes.
6. All SOS alerts are sent to GEOS, ZOLEO’s global emergency monitoring partner.
7. GEOS will attempt to communicate with your via messaging over the ZOLEO app. If you are unresponsive, GEOS will continue with their emergency protocol. Local 911 services or search and rescue services will be dispatched to your location.
How-to cancel an SOS alert:
1. To cancel an SOS alert using your ZOLEO device, hold down the SOS button for five (5) seconds.
- You may also cancel an alert via the connected ZOLEO app.
2. Each LED will emit a green flash in turn.
3. An ascending tone will emit from the ZOLEO device when your SOS alert has been cancelled.