The ZOLEO app and device have the ability to send app-to-app messages, SMS, and email. When a message is sent, the ZOLEO app will determine the least cost route for the message. The ZOLEO app will try to send in the following order: Wi-Fi, cellular data, then satellite via the ZOLEO device. If Wi-Fi or cellular data are not available, the app will send the message over the Iridium network via the ZOLEO device.
1. To send a new message tap on the Chats icon located at the bottom left of the ZOLEO app.
2. Tap the compose message icon located to the upper right of the app.
3. The New Message menu will appear, contacts are pulled from your smart device.
4. Your contacts are sorted by the following:
- All: Includes all contacts pulled from your smart device.
- ZOLEO App: All of your contacts that have the ZOLEO app installed will appear in this list. This will allow you to send app-to-app messages up to 950 characters.
- Email: Your email contacts will appear. This will allow you to send email message up to 240 characters.
- SMS: Your SMS contacts will appear. This will allow you to send SMS up to 160 characters.
5. Once you select a contact, you can compose a message.
6. To send your message, press the paper plane icon.
7. Once the paper plan icon has been pressed, the following will occur:
- The message will show a pending icon (two circular arrows).
- Once the message has been sent, a small, green check mark will appear. Note: over Wi-Fi or cellular data connections this will happen immediately. For messages sent over the Iridium network via the ZOLEO device this may take a few minute, be sure to have a clear view of the sky.
- If transmitting via the ZOLEO device, the device LEDs will turn blue and blink in a circular pattern until the device has transmitted. Once the message has successfully transmitted, the ZOLEO device will emit an ascending tone.
8. If A message fails to send, if this occurs, the following will happen:
- The ZOLEO app will show a red exclamation mark.
- If the message was sent via the ZOLEO device, the Message LED will flash amber. The device will also emit an descending tone.
- To resend a message, tap and hold the message, tap the Resend button.